Primary objectives of the job:
To ensure efficient management of operational areas in the Finance department, to include Client Support, Credit and Collections, Bank/Treasury management, Payroll management, Operations Accounting Unit, Capital expenditure and process improvement. Ensure accurate and timely information flow for financial accounts and other reports (internal and external) within company timelines, and in accordance with accounting standards. Ensure credibility of annual budgets and monthly forecasts in relevant areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of working capital to include:
- Close management of Client Payables function, ensuring payments are made within contractually stipulated timelines. Completion of daily client payment projections ensuring that funds are available in the respective accounts to facilitate client payments. Taking appropriate actions to reduce/eliminate transfer and overdraft charges
- Close management of Client Receivables portfolio, ensuring complete and accurate reports and collection days outstanding (CDO) are kept at a minimum and within company targets.
- Supervision of the Operations Accounting Unit to ensure availability of cash for day to day Company operations.
- Ensure that accurate bank reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and outstanding items investigated and resolved
- Close supervision of the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely preparation of all related reports within established deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of cash flow forecast for inclusion in monthly reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of Company payroll
- Management of annual audit process, in an effort to have final sign-off within stipulated timelines.
- Management of all statutory Audits/investigations as the need arises. This includes ensuring Company conforms to all statutory requirements including taxation issues.
- Lead the department initiatives for implementation of new processes/systems, and management of same for increased efficiencies and tighter control measures throughout the company.
- Ensure Capital Expenditure is in line with annual budget, and ensuring this is tracked and reported on a monthly basis, ensuring corrective actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Manage, coach and plan career development for team.
- Formulation and tracking of objectives of team members, and conduct semi-annual reviews.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job:
- Qualified Accountant for minimum three (3) years.
- Three (3) years Supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Works independently, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer focus, including confidence in resolving issues with staff, suppliers, customers, banks, auditors, tax personnel, and other teams within the organization.
- Ability to organize and motivate team.
- Team oriented, with a keen eye for detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of IFRS and company statutory requirements.
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness.