Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Capital Markets team in the capacity of,
Assistant Manager- Capital Markets
The selected candidate be responsible for the identification, analysis and research of suitable corporations seeking to obtain balance sheet optimization via equity, debt, valuation, financial advice, business guidance and suggestions. This will be done via private or public offers. Creation of lucrative derivative structures to meet investor needs. Researching trading opportunities for SIJL using derivative strategies. Execute trades on the local and international markets as directed
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a major role in the identification, analysis and research of suitable corporations seeking to raise capital and obtain balance sheet optimization: Assist with the identification of corporate clients seeking to raise capital.
- Research and analyse companies in order to make recommendations for suitable financing solutions; Analyse the financial statements of corporate clients to determine suitability for accessing the capital markets.
- Coordinate, structure and execute deals requiring capital markets solutions.
- Prepare proposals, presentations and assist in developing strategies geared towards balance sheet and business solutions.; Attend and participate in meetings with prospective and existing corporate finance target clients
- Prepare and make presentation to relevant stakeholders including target clients, executive team and board committees
- Liaise with counterparties regarding pre and post capital markets activities.
- Play a major role in the structuring of Derivative Products: Based on evaluation of SIJL balance sheet, develop trading solutions, positions and strategies as determined by the management team.
- Draft proposals for products including preparation of relevant documents for regulatory or management approval as required.
- Execute trades on the international or local markets within operating guidelines
- Any other duties assigned, which may be assigned from time to time
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar capacity or MBA or professional qualification in Finance.
- Jamaica Securities Course
- Knowledge of the local and international markets
- Knowledge of the regional and global capital markets
- Knowledge of financial analysis, financial statements and financial models
- Ability to articulate ideas and strategies in a clear manner
- Excellent report writing skills as well as model building skills
- Good negotiating & technical skills
- Knowledge of company valuation
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent human relations skills
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Organization, initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve results
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via this career portal no later than February 26, 2021.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To Apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?_s.crb=n0bSWGLnduiT%252fxNC6%252fQujrAX2B2tS1Dr9pwEgJISpXQ%253d