Hardware & Lumber Ltd
Hardware & Lumber Ltd – A Jamaican company retailing and wholesaling building materials, home improvement supplies, household items and agricultural products, is seeking a:
H&L Agro Kingston
Purpose of the Role
To execute the daily operations of the store through effectively guiding team members in delivering excellence in the customer’s experience, and achievement of store targets.
• Assist with coordinating and overseeing the day to day operations of the store.
• Assist with planning and implementing strategies for the growth and development of the branch.
• Consistently monitor inventory levels to reduce/eliminate stock outs, slow-moving and obsolete items.
• Timely preparation of relevant reports and dissemination of information internally and externally.
• Ensure branch and team members are compliant with established policies, including safety, security and use of company assets.
• Assist in monitoring all expenses associated with the operations of the store to ensure that expenses remain within budgeted limits.
• Good interpersonal, management, analytical and organizational skills.
• Able to effectively deliver targets through an engaged team.
• Strong negotiation and persuasive skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• High level of initiative, confidentiality and reliability Minimum Education & Experience.
• Bachelor of Science Degree Agriculture or equivalent.
• 2 years’ work experience at a supervisory level preferably in retail.
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel.
• An understanding of the 5S Methodology is an asset.