SOS Children’s Villages Jamaica
The Gardener / Relief driver is responsible for the maintenance of SOS Children’s Village property in respect of the public areas and gardens; as well as the care of machinery at his or her disposal. In the absence of the permanent driver/bearer, and with instructions and permission from the Village Director, he or she will drive SOS Village vehicles, using them carefully and well being in charge of maintaining same.
Required Education and Experience
• High School/Secondary School Certificate.
• Certification from a recognized training institution.
• Three (3) – Five (5) years landscaping or Gardener experience.
• A valid Open General Driver’s License with at least 5 years driving experience.
• Must be able to drive a 15 seater standard bus.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of horticulture to create various landscape effects through the placement of shrubs, flowers, trees, and other plants.
• To use knowledge of weed maintenance techniques to develop and stick to a regular maintenance schedule.
• To know the ideal planting conditions for each plant, as well as how to care for them. Knowledge of pesticide and fertilizer care and use.
• He or she will need to be patient and levelheaded to be able to deal directly with children of varying backgrounds.
• Extensive knowledge of Kingston & St. Andrew.
• Reliability, honesty and unquestionable integrity.
• Mature and responsible citizen.
• Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
• Motor vehicle maintenance and asset.
• Be able to make a long term commitment.
Kindly submit your application by January 8, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.