The GraceKennedy Group seeks to identify an individual looking for an excellent opportunity to progress his/her career; and who possesses the vision and energy to help drive dynamic changes across the group, in the following capacity:-
The GraceKennedy Financial (GKFG) Group of Companies, invites applications from persons who are dynamic, performance-driven and seeking a challenging role, for the position of:
Reporting to the Applications Development Team Lead, the post is a technical role that will build and implement functional programs. The role will enable/develop the latest SQL Server implementations, enterprise integration technologies and API led architectures.
This responsibility includes:
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Testing and deploying programs and systems
- Fixing and improving existing software
The successful candidate will also be required to:-
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Maintain and Upgrade existing applications
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs
The ideal candidate should have at minimum:
- University degree in the field of Computer Science and/or 4 years’ equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practice
- Data architecture experience [design and create custom data models]
- Web development Architecture and development experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including ASP.Net, MVC, C# (preferably with .NET 3.5 and above), and TSQL
- Experience with deploying and maintaining applications based on .NET is required
- Use and examine current transformation technologies such as XML, JSON, CSV and SQL
- Experience working with Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Substantial experience in Integration and transformation experience
- Knowledge of writing complex and efficient SQL for relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server is essential.
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Experience with modern API technologies
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Good attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than
Jan 15, 2021 via the careers section of our Corporate Website at www.gracekennedy.com
Jobs reposted on behalf of Grace Kennedy