Reporting to The General Manager, Urban Logistics and Treasury Management, the Treasury Manager is responsible for managing the organization’s treasury functions while protecting the business against currency movements.
Reporting to The General Manager, Urban Logistics and Treasury Management, the Treasury Manager is responsible for managing the organisation’s treasury functions while protecting the business against currency movements.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To efficiently measure and manage the treasury functions, The Treasury Manager manages a team that performs a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These include but are not limited to:
- Planning and organizing the department’s workflow in a manner, which ensures the efficient and effective running of the department to meet set deadlines;
- Monitoring and managing the organisation’s bank relationships and liquidity management;
- Analysing various scenarios and risks and reporting to senior management; standard to include administrative potential fraud, wider Macro implication on cash management function;
- Forecasting of medium and long- term funding for daily cash management;
- Ensuring financial institutions’ treasuries are balanced at the agreed intervals and provide an update to senior management;
- Develop and maintain risk mitigation strategies;
- Team management;
- Preparing management reports;
- Liaising with senior management across the organisation;
- Supporting the month end process where necessary;
- Creating an environment, which fosters a good working relationship and productivity.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience in managing a Treasury;
- Understanding and experience of treasury accounting;
- Strong understanding of accounting principles;
- Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants;
- Ability to work autonomously and be part of the broader team;
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information;
- Excellent time management and organisational ability;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills;
- Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff to achieve optimum performance within stipulated guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required;
- MBA or an advanced degree in business, management, or finance would be an advantage;
- A minimum 3 -4 years’ experience in a management capacity.
Kindly submit application by Friday, February 26, 2021
We thank all respondents for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted