Aviation Communications Jamaica Ltd
Aviation Communications (AV COM) Jamaica Limited invites suitable candidates to apply for the position of Technical Specialist. AV COM is an information and communications technology company, specializing in the development and delivery of optimal business and technology solutions including two-way radio communications, data centre solutions, networking solutions, security systems, wireless communications, aeronautical communications, video surveillance and video analytics among others.
The company is embarking on ground-breaking opportunities and projects in Jamaica and we are looking for technically skilled candidates with excellent problem-solving skills for the position of Technical Specialist. The Technical Specialist will be a reference point for all technical related queries, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems and solutions among other technical duties.
Our ideal candidate is dynamic, very personable, customer focused, goal-oriented and able to effectively represent the company.
Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to high quality customer service, operational efficiency and the overall growth of the company
- Performing site assessments and site visits
- Design and implement Two Way Radio solutions, Video Surveillance, video analytics and IP Access control solutions
- Design and implement ICT, networking and wireless solutions
- Design and implement Two Way Radio solutions, Video Surveillance solutions, Video Analytics
- Scope and define technical solutions required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ needs and recommends optimal solutions, ensuring appropriate support for the proposed architecture.
- Taking ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Train and orient customers on use of hardware and software.
- Performs troubleshooting for complex hardware, software and system issues.
- Respond to service requests and provide end-user support to clients and staff
- Provide outstanding customer service and support while assisting clients with their technology needs in keeping with the company’s processes.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Upgrade and maintain systems associated with various ICT solutions.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Managing and preparing technical documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical/Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent
- At least 3 years industry experience in the design and installation of IT solutions
- At least 3 years industry experience in the design and installation of Two-Way Radio solutions, Wireless solutions, Video Surveillance, Access Control systems.
- Certification or knowledge in networking principles and the IP Protocol (CCNA and/or CCNP is a plus)
- Positive, service-oriented personality, outstanding interpersonal abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with high level of dedication
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and able to work extended hours where required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Take ownership, operate autonomously and demonstrate initiative in problem solving, decision making and proactive approach to job.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Please send cover letters and resumes to info @avcomja.com no later than February 4, 2021 with subject “Technical Specialist”.
We thank all applicants however only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.