UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAMAICA
“EXCELLENCE THROUGH KNOWLEDGE”
College of Business and Management
The University of Technology, Jamaica seeks to identify a suitable candidate to fill the following post in the College of Business and Management:
· Associate Dean – Undergraduate Studies
The Associate Dean is the senior academic officer within the College assisting the Dean with the administration of the College. He/she will be responsible for the organization, development and maintenance of the College’s academic quality management and standards and for the facilitation and strengthening of research including technology transfer activities and projects.
The incumbent will be required to serves as the principal point of contact between College and students and works closely with Heads of School/Department and other senior staff to identify, assess and address the full range of academic and administrative concerns within the College.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION ARE TO:
· Provide oversight on the planning, development and coordination of courses of study offered by the College;
· Establish and maintain advisory services for undergraduate and post graduate course;
· Review and coordinate the preparation of schemes of study for submission to Boards of Studies and respective Accrediting Bodies;
· Oversee the admission of students within the College;
· Coordinate the student advisement services within the College;
· Coordinate internal and external examination processes by providing oversight on a range of administrative duties relating to examinations, including timetables and documentation for School Panels and Boards of Examiners;
· Initiate and coordinate plans for improvement and expansion of the College’s continuing education and distance learning programmes and outreach activities;
· Provide oversight for the planning and maintenance of the facilities and technological capacity needed to support the educational delivery within the College; and
· Promote and facilitate the commercial activities of research and consultancy initiative of the College and offer advice on technology transfer opportunities, where applicable, and appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Candidates should ideally be an Associate Professor/Professor, with an earned PhD or equivalent professional qualification in a discipline or related area offered within the College. In addition to having appropriate teaching and/or research experience, candidates should have a record of successful academic and administrative management with progressive levels of responsibility.
Other knowledge, skills and abilities required include:
· Excellent team building, leadership, diplomacy and public relation skills.
· Demonstrated innovative leadership and visionary skills.
· Sound knowledge of and ability to articulate the role of the constituent academic units within the College.
· Demonstrated commitment to student-centered learning, rigorous academic standards and to promoting an innovative teaching and learning environment.
· Excellent analytical presentation and communication skills with the ability to logically present ideas/information in a clear and logical manner.
· Demonstrated ability to timely prioritize and make sound decisions.
· Strong commitment to the effective education of students, scholarship and public service.
· Strong advocacy skills and ability to justify and defend courses, college, students and staff both inside and outside.
· Advance proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite, e-mail and web-based systems.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of academic systems, processes, policies, procedures and regulations.
Compensation will be in accordance with the University’s compensation policies and guidelines.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a responsibility post and the appointment will be for three (3) years with the possibility for re-appointment for a second term or part thereof. Interested persons who meet the specified requirements are invited to submit applications for consideration to email@example.com under the subject Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies – College of Business and Management by Tuesday, 23rd February 2021 at 3:45 p.m. addressed to:
Chief Human Resource Officer
Division of Human Resources & Administration
University of Technology, Jamaica, Kingston 6
Job reposted on behalf of University of Technology Jamaica.