SOS Children’s Villages Jamaica
The Youth Care Co-Worker, under the general supervision of the Village Director, is directly responsible for supervising all activities related to the Youth facility, He / she will support the development of young people, and guide them into independence and self-sufficiency.
Required Education and Experience
• Tertiary level education or vocational training.
•Minimum of 1 year experience working with adolescents and youth.
• At least 3 years life/work experience in a relevant field and managing adolescents with proven record of activities in youth development
• Ability to work under pressure and in a team.
• Must be flexible and committed.
• Identification with the idea and the goals of SOS Children‘s Villages.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• He or she will need to be patient and levelheaded to be able to deal with the dynamics of growing youth.
• Knowledge of children, adolescence, youth and family protection laws.
• Comprehension, planning, implementation and monitoring of youth and family development.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Basic knowledge of accounting practices including budgeting.
• Reports preparation Other Skills and Attributes.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to make a long-term commitment.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Self-confident and maturity.
Kindly submit your application by January 8, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.